If you are unsure about whether we can help, the best thing to do is to call us. The law can be complex and every situation is different.
Our team work alongside many community groups. If for some reason we are not able to help, we will point you in the right direction. This may include providing you with some information as a starting point and options for support through other avenues.
If you are interested in looking at our resources & information section, click on the button below.
Employment disputes and breaches
including unpaid entitlements (ie wages or leave) and personal grievances (ie unfair dismissals or exploitation)
Consumer law queries and disputes
including mobile truck shops and credit lending.
Immigration and refugee matters
Including visa applications, family reunification, and Immigration Protection Tribunal claims.
Tenancy, flatting, and boarding queries and disputes
including Tenancy Tribunal representation where eligible.
Welfare/Benefit entitlements and disputes
Work and Income or MSD - including Review hearings, appeals, and Social housing assessments/reviews
Debt related queries and disputes
including credit contracts, lending breaches, and insolvency options.
General human rights issues
Including privacy, interference with personal and property rights (such as health & disability, and harassment), and ombudsman complaints
Minor criminal and traffic charges
including representation and sentencing applications
ACC claims and disputes
including Review hearings
Please note that we only offer initial advice and referrals on - Care of Children, Separation, Relationship Property, and Protection Orders, Wills, Trusts, and Powers of Attorney.
How we can help
If you are unsure about whether we can help, the best thing to do is to call us. The law is complex and every situation is different.
Our team work alongside many community groups. If for some reason we are not able to book you an appointment we will point you in the right direction. This may include providing you with some information or contact details of other places that may be able to support you.
If you are interested in looking at our resources & information section, click here.
Problems we may be able to help with:
- You are or were employed and your employer has not paid your final wages
- You have made a claim with ACC about an injury but your claim has been declined
- You are a refugee and would like to bring some family here to support you
- You have been paying off some debt and don’t agree with the amount you owe
- You are a tenant and feel that your landlord has breached your rights
- You bought an item as a consumer and it is not working properly
- A government organisation has breached your privacy or treated you unfairly
- You face a criminal charge and need a lawyer to represent you in court